Volunteer with the Canine Companions Southwest Region
- Event support
- Facility and grounds maintenance
- General office support
- Outreach booths
- Photography and videography
- Puppy raising
- Puppy sitting and puppy fostering
- Team Training lunch providers
All volunteers are required to attend an hour and a half General Volunteer Orientation. Those interested in puppy sitting/fostering are required to complete a separate application. (At this time, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be holding puppy sitting/fostering orientation). General Volunteer Orientations are held virtually once a month.
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete our application form and our volunteer coordinator will be in touch. Upon receipt of the application form, you will be invited to attend an orientation. Please call 760-901-4300 for more information.
We are very fortunate to receive many inquiries about youth volunteering and community service, and know many schools require students to complete a specific number of community service hours. We are grateful that you want your community service hours to benefit Canine Companions.
To fulfill this requirement we encourage you to work on an independent community service project such as:
- Organize a small fundraising event such as a bake sale, car wash, lemonade stand, etc. and donate the funds to Canine Companions.
- Create a DogFest team and raise funds for your local DogFest event. Click here for more information about DogFest events.
- Become an expert! Learn about Canine Companions and help spread the word to local schools, service organizations and other community groups.
- Be creative!
Please contact the volunteer coordinator to have your project approved prior to starting. Be sure to document the time you spend working on your project. When the project is completed, contact the volunteer coordinator to make an appointment and at that time you will receive a sign-off on your completed hours.