North Central Training Center
Serving Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Western Pennsylvania
Canine Companions North Central Region has been enhancing the lives of children, adults and veterans with disabilities since 1987. The North Central Regional Training Center, located just outside of Columbus in New Albany, OH serves 13 and a half states: everything west of Pittsburgh, Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota. The North Central Region also serves our graduate teams living in eastern Canada.
2021 was a record breaking year for the North Central Region. We are truly grateful to our clients, volunteers, donors and staff for moving our mission forward in the following ways:
• An impressive 57 new teams were placed throughout the North Central Region in 2021.
• Currently, 488 active graduate teams reside in the region.
• Over 98% of graduate placements are successful.
• Currently, 163 Canine Companions puppies are being raised across the North Central Region.
• 117 puppies matriculated into professional training in 2021.
• Close to 600 volunteers helped share the story of Canine Companions across the North Central region.
• DogFest North Central 2021 was a record breaking success, raising over $350,000. This event engaged volunteers and donors across the region for a day full of celebration.
• We shared our mission with more than 221 million people in more than 580 media stories across the region in 2021.
• Surpassed our revenue goal by over $200,000 for the region!
**Canine Companions is closely monitoring developments with the coronavirus (COVID-19). We are taking precautions to limit its effect on our operations, including cancelling, postponing or going virtual with our events and non-essential activities, including most travel, public campus tours and on-campus large group activities. Our campus is currently non open to the public at this time. Please be patient with us as we reschedule appointments and activities. We look forward to being able to see you and serve you in our usual fashion as soon as possible!**
North Central Region Staff:
Kathy Boger, Office Manager | Meredith Harrison, Community Events Coordinator | Megan Koester, Executive Director | Matt Levering, Senior Development Director | Melissa McCracken, Volunteer Coordinator | Bethany Simms, Development Associate | Nancy Whetstone, Development Director, Donor & Corporate Engagement
Gwen Dudek, Program Director/Senior Instructor | Eric Fatka, Graduate Program Manager/Senior Instructor | Erin Rich, Applicant Program Manager/Instructor | Suzanne Sliclen, Puppy Program Manager/Senior Instructor | Auggie Garcia, Facilities Manager | Sherry Ehret, Caretaker | Adrena Spreacker, Training Manager/Senior Instructor | Tonya Halford, Senior Instructor | Colleen McBride, Instructor | Sophia DaCunha, Apprentice Instructor | Kathryn Eland, Apprentice Instructor | Zach Frye, Apprentice Instructor | Natalie Koeritzer, Apprentice Instructor | Jenn Smith, Apprentice Instructor | Sara Miller, Kennel Supervisor | Renae Gerchow, Kennel Technician| Kennedy North, Kennel Technician | Bailey Schull, Kennel Technician | Marvin Brinkley, Kennel Technician | Jordan Lundin, Kennel Technician | Caroline Fredrick, Kennel Technician
North Central Region Board of Directors:
Todd Bailey, President | Mike Cvengros, Vice President | Tom Clements | Kevin Cullen, Colonel, USAF | Nancy Goldsmith | Kathy Hostetter | Carolyn Hrach | Lisa Morgan | Nancy Riggs | Rex Riggs, DVM | Peter Schwab | Ron Wuerth | John Sabo | Chad Utrup