Volunteer with the Southeast Region
- Office assistance (Orlando only)
- Event support
- Team Training lunch providers (if you don’t live close to the regional training center in Orlando we can always use donations of gift cards.)
We are very fortunate to receive many inquiries about youth volunteering and community service, and know many schools require students to complete a specific number of community service hours. We are grateful that you want your community service hours to benefit Canine Companions.
To fulfill this requirement we encourage you to work on an independent community service project such as:
- Organize a small fundraising event such as a bake sale, car wash, lemonade stand, etc. and donate the funds to Canine Companions.
- Create a DogFest Walk ‘n Roll team and raise funds for your local DogFest event. Visit canine.org/dogfest for more information.
- Become an expert! Learn about Canine Companions and help to spread the word to local schools, service organizations, and other community groups.
- Be creative!!
Please contact the volunteer coordinator to have your project approved prior to starting. Be sure to document the time you spend working on your project. When the project is completed, contact the volunteer coordinator to make an appointment and at that time you will receive a sign off on your completed hours.
To learn about becoming a volunteer puppy raiser please click here.
Learn about our prison puppy raising programs benefit the inmates and Canine Companions.