Volunteer Advisory Council Application
We are excited to announce a new Canine Companions Volunteer Advisory Council launching in January 2024. The volunteer advisory council’s priority is to be a vital voice for our grassroots volunteer community. The council will meet virtually four times a year to review and discuss matters that directly concern the volunteer programs. The council will share perspectives from volunteers, provide feedback and develop key recommendations, as needed. All findings will be reported to the regional and national leadership team. The council is comprised of a total of 12 to 15 volunteers, with two to three volunteer representatives per region. Volunteer time commitment is approximately two hours per month, and the term is up to two years.
Advisory Council member selection
The Volunteer Advisory Council is open to all our active volunteers. Volunteers who applied to join the council, but were not selected, can stay on a waitlist. If a seat opens in the council or other volunteer leadership roles become available, they will be informed.
The following list of criteria is used to select the council members:
- Volunteer is demonstrating Canine Companions values and honors code of ethics.
- Volunteer is not a current National or Regional Board member.
- Completed advisory council application.
- Canine Companions volunteer experience and role. The goal is to include volunteer roles: chapter leader, graduate volunteer, campus volunteer, puppy raiser, breeder caretaker, event volunteer, community supporter, advocate, ambassador, and therapy dog volunteer.
- Region and volunteer chapter: Only 2 members per region. All regional members must represent a different chapter.
- Fostering an inclusive mindset.
Volunteer Advisory Council Application is now closed. Thank you for all the submissions.