Thanks for your Volunteer Advisory Council Submission
Thank you for submitting your application to serve on the Canine Companions Volunteer Advisory Council. We will review all applications, and the council members are selected by the end of December 2023. Depending on the volume of the applications, the selection process may include drawing the council members from the pool of applicants. All volunteers will be notified. Volunteers who applied but were not selected can stay on a waitlist. If a seat opens in the council or other volunteer leadership roles become available, they will be informed.
The following list of criteria is used to select the council members:
- Volunteer is demonstrating Canine Companions values and honors code of ethics.
- Volunteer is not a current National or Regional Board member.
- Completed advisory council application.
- Canine Companions volunteer experience and role. The goal is to include volunteer roles: chapter leader, graduate volunteer, campus volunteer, puppy raiser, breeder caretaker, event volunteer, community supporter, advocate, ambassador, and therapy dog volunteer.
- Region and volunteer chapter: Only 2 members per region. All regional members must represent a different chapter.
- Fostering an inclusive mindset.