Help transport future Canine Companions® service dogs!
The puppies of today are the service dogs of tomorrow.
Due to the pandemic, many commercial flights were canceled and getting our puppies to their volunteer puppy raisers across the country was challenging. Thankfully, a group of volunteer pilots stepped up to help, and the Canine Companions Aviation Partners was established.
So far, our Aviation Partners have transported more than 800 Canine Companions puppies and dogs all over the United States. Twenty six volunteer pilots utilizing their private planes have flown future service dogs to puppy raisers and training centers across the country. The volunteer pilots have made more than 200 flights.
“It’s extremely rewarding knowing we’re helping Canine Companions move these puppies along on their journey to become service dogs and help people with disabilities. There is nothing better than combining a passion for aviation with a mission like this.” – Martyn Lewis, pilot
We couldn’t be more grateful!
Share Your Wings
We need your help transporting our puppies to their volunteer puppy raisers across the country. We’re looking for more pilots to fly our important (and adorable) puppies.
Our greatest need is to transport puppies from our Santa Rosa, CA campus to our other regional facilities around the country or to cities that have a large concentration of volunteers. We also occasionally need help transporting adult dogs between regional centers or to and from volunteers.
We are developing an additional program where pilots will help transport puppies from hubs around the country to surrounding areas. This is a great opportunity for pilots who are eager to help but have a shorter range capability.
- Pilots must have a minimum of 200 flight hours of experience and must be willing to travel a minimum of 500 nautical miles.
- Pilots must have access to an aircraft for transportation.
- Direct flights necessary when transporting dogs within California. 1-2 refueling stops ok on longer, cross-country flights.
- Do good for a great cause – help Canine Companions place expertly trained service dogs with adults, children and veterans with disabilities free of charge.
- May qualify for a tax deduction. Consult your tax professional.
- May be useful for interstate commerce exemption. Consult your legal professional.
- Make your carbon footprint more meaningful.
Fill out the contact form below if you’re interested in sharing your wings with future service dogs!
Our puppy raisers are waiting for their puppies, and our applicants are waiting for their service dogs. You can help! Click here to make a tax-deductible gift to help Canine Companions train and place more expertly trained service dogs with people with disabilities free of charge