Canine Companions for Independence Capital Chapter
The Capital Chapter members include Canine Companions graduate teams, puppy raisers, volunteers and supporters in Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia and West Virginia. Our mission is to raise awareness of the Canine Companions mission, to raise puppies and to fundraise.
If you’re looking for deeper engagement as a Canine Companions volunteer, we encourage you to get involved with our chapter.
There are many opportunities to volunteer with our chapter year-round doing the following activities
• Raising public awareness for Canine Companions for Independence
• Recruiting new team members who want an assistance dog
• Recruiting puppy raisers for the first year of care of an assistance dog
• Providing financial support for Canine Companions for Independence through fundraising
• Giving demonstrations and presentations about the Canine Companions for Independence program
• Providing fun and support to all those that share the passion and mission of Canine Companions for Independence
For more volunteering opportunities please click here.
In addition to serving as Capital Chapter President, Jackie has served as chair for DogFest Washington DC since its inception.
In 2015, Jackie received the Virginia Governor’s Volunteerism Award, which honors people engaged in volunteer activities benefiting the greater community. In 2017, Jackie was awarded the Canine Companions Jack Warnock Volunteer Service Award which honors volunteers who have shown tremendous dedication to Canine Companions and its mission. Jackie and her family’s passion goes above those of a volunteer. She has provided the Northeast with many opportunities in the DC-Northern VA area and is always willing to eloquently speak on behalf of the organization.
Chapter Vice President